Kelda Water Services (Retail) Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions of use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Kelda Water Services (Retail) Limited (registered company number 05612103) of Western House, Halifax Road, Bradford, BD6 2SZ.
We may collect and process the following data about you.
The information we collect about you may vary based on what service we provide to you. Typically we collect data including:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms or that you allowed us to use by using our website or downloadable mobile applications. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to any of our services, posting material, using the online billing platform or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- Records of correspondence you send to us including contact details like a phone number or email address.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer or devices, including where available your IP address - type of device, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
When you use one of our location-enabled services on our website or our downloadable mobile applications, we may collect and process information about your actual location. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time either by modifying the geo-location settings of your web browser or the location awareness permissions of your mobile device.
For the same reasons as above, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser, your mobile device or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our systems site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the services site to operate.
Cookies are widely used in order to make our services websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information.
The Cookies that we use on our website or mobile applications are listed below:
This site uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets number of cookies (default is 4) in order to evaluate your use of the site and compile reports for us on activity on the site.
Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Google Inc are members of the US Safe Harbor Scheme. This scheme allows the transfer of data from within the EEA to countries that are outside of the EEA without having to enter into a specific data transfer agreement. Companies that sign up to the scheme are deemed to provide adequate protection for personal data transmitted from Europe. Google Inc’s registration is at http://safeharbor.export.gov/.
For more information on the cookies set by Google Analytics please go to: http://code.google.com/.
Google has also created their own opt-out plugin which you can get from: http://tools.google.com/.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your transmitted data; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may store your personal information on your local device, such as your computer or mobile phone to assist you in your repeated use of our services. We have no control over inappropriate access to this data. You can delete this information at any time using the facilities of your Internet browser or by removing our application from your device.
What do we do with the information we collect about you?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer (please see further details within our Cookies section).
- To provide you with information, products or services forming our statutory duty or that you request from us
- To provide you with information about products and services related to our business
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service where applicable
- To prevent fraud and comply with any statutory or legal obligations we may have. If you are an existing customer, we may contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar or related to our business. Where we permit any of our selected third parties to use your data, we or they will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data or contact us at our registered address.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information:
- To any of our employees who provide you with a service and any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- To carefully selected contractors and specialists who help us to provide you with our services.
- To selected third parties, where you have consented to this
- To credit reference agencies, local authorities, utilities and other companies for use in credit decisions, for fraud prevention and to pursue debtors.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. Also, every time we contact you about such offers we will give you the opportunity not to hear about anymore.
You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at our registered office address.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed in writing to the Data Protection Compliance Officer at Kelda Water Service , Western House, Halifax Road, Bradford, BD6 2SZ.